There are 0 players online.

Hostile Mob Spawns

Discussion in 'Server Related Questions' started by itsn0tme, Dec 14, 2016.

1. itsn0tme

itsn0tme New Member

I'd think it'd be a nice QoL thing to have /is cp allow you to toggle hostile mob spawns. I made a mob spawner thinking thing's would spawn normally, but it turns out nothing spawned, not realizing until later hostile mobs don't spawn under normal conditions. Thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  2. bork

bork Active Member

I agree! It can make it easier for newer players.

3. itsn0tme

itsn0tme New Member

Yeah, it seems that this current setup is supposed to help new players not die all the time, but even still, most mobs aren't acting hostile all the time and tha they're being removed by the entity control anyway. Hostile mobs are an essential part of skyblock (even considering that you have to collect drops in the level 2 /challenges), so not having them is a pretty weird choice of design.

• Like Like x 1
  4. bork

bork Active Member

It's an interesting choice, but if it was tweaked a little then I wouldn't mind it too much.

I do notice they [hostile mobs] don't always clear, don't always act hostile, and only spawn in larger areas that are dark. Occasionally it's been weird and sometimes don't spawn at all or spawn too randomly, it doesn't follow a guideline of "spawn anytime in any area when dark", but more of an offset of that rule.

It's not bad, it's just hard to work with and can be frustrating when building the necessities of Skyblock.

• Like Like x 1
  5. itsn0tme

itsn0tme New Member

Agreed. Its very unreliable as it is currently, and can be pretty bland without it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. bork

bork Active Member

Yeah, maybe Frosty will make some small updates in the future when he isn't busy.

• Like Like x 1